Officially approved as:
Degree Dependent: Yes
Total Credit Hours: 12
Certificate description: The Graduate Certificate in Accounting Data Analytics will provide students an opportunity to develop a data analytics skill set within the subject of accounting. Students will be provided an introduction to tools utilized in the analysis of data from a business perspective, and how those data analysis tools can be utilized within the accounting industry to make informed business decisions based on past and present trends to lead into the future. Students with the certificate will develop skills in the following areas:
- Extracting, transforming and loading data.
- Using the appropriate method and software to analyze data.
- Interpreting and communicating data-driven results to stakeholders.
- Understanding the abilities and limitations of data when answering stakeholder-relevant questions.
Student learning objectives align with the understanding and application of an analytical mindset related to data utilized in the accounting industry. Given the large amount of data processed by accountants, the industry has evolved to include a large focus on understanding large data sets and interpreting trends within the data to understand the business.
Deadlines for application to the Graduate Certificate in Accounting Data Analytics
Students may start the program at the beginning of the fall semester.
|Entrance Term||Application Deadline|
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Trulaske Graduate Application (built into the Graduate School online application)