Biochemistry, Doctor of Philosophy
February 12th, 2018
*This program is eligible for the STEM OPT Extension.
Fall deadline: December 8
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Research experience required
- GRE recommended but not required
- Applications will be reviewed if arrive past deadline; but admittance will depend upon remaining positions.
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Completed graduate school application form: Submit through the Graduate School online application
- Transcripts: Upload unofficial copies of all transcripts to your online application. You will be asked to provide official documents if accepted by the program.
- Letters of Recommendation (3): Provide information for three recommenders in your online application. Letter(s) of recommendation from research advisor(s) are encouraged. Recommenders will be sent a secure link to the recommendation system via email.
- 500-750 word personal statement about your experiences and goals (no more than one single-spaced page; upload to your online application).
- Résumé or Curriculum Vitae (CV) outlining educational background; teaching, research and professional experiences; and if applicable awards and honors, conference presentations, publications (no more than two pages; upload to your online application).
- Official GRE scores recommended but not required. Send to MU by using the institutional code 6875 and departmental code 0202.
- For more information, go to the MU Biochemistry Graduate Studies website for How to Apply.