*This program is eligible for the STEM OPT Extension.
Fall deadline: January 15
- The application deadline, guidelines for grades, test scores, and more are available on this Economics PhD application information page.
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores*
*Note: Every non-native English-speaking applicant who is applying to the PhD program in Economics at the University of Missouri must submit an English proficiency test score even if they meet all the criteria set by the University to be exempt from the English language requirement.
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
All application materials must be uploaded through the Graduate School online application. More detailed instructions on uploading required materials are available on this Economics PhD application information page.
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Official GRE scores
Requirements for the doctoral degree
For the Economics PhD program details, including degree requirements, qualifying process, and dissertation requirements, please see the PhD Handbook on the Economics PhD website.