Note: The University is no longer accepting new applications for this program.
For priority consideration for assistantships, fellowships and scholarships, applications should be submitted by Jan. 15 for Fall enrollment and Sept. 1 for Spring enrollment.
- Minimum GRE score: none set
- Minimum GPA: 3.0 for domestic applicants
- An undergraduate and/or graduate degree in a social science or equivalent is desirable
- Basic understanding of statistics
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Students entering with a bachelor’s degree normally are admitted into the master’s program even if they are going on to a PhD, exceptional students may be admitted to the Masters/PhD program. Up to 12 hours of makeup work may be required for students who have less than adequate undergraduate preparation in the social sciences.
Required Application Materials
For the Graduate School
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
For the Rural Sociology Program
- Departmental application
- GRE score report
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Statement of interest