June 25th, 2019
Officially approved as:
Stand Alone: Yes
Total Credit Hours: 24
Certificate description: The EMS graduate certificate program includes five integrated mathematics content/pedagogy courses, each with an attached internship and two leadership development courses (total of 24 credits). The program is designed for inservice K-‐6 teachers interested in pursuing advanced learning experiences and training to increase their knowledge and skill to teach or lead others in teaching mathematics in elementary classrooms. That is, the program is designed for teachers currently working full time. The courses will be offered over a 2-‐ year cycle beginning in the Fall semester (6 semesters of part-‐time student effort).
Certificate web site:
- Fall deadline: June 15
- Spring deadline: October 15
- Summer deadline: March 15
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose