June 25th, 2019
Officially approved as:
Stand Alone: Yes
Total Credit Hours: 12
Certificate description: The Epidemiology Certificate will allow prospective and current students to become competent in advanced aspects of epidemiological analysis such as assessing population groups and determining their priority health problems, empowering and mobilizing populations in a collaborative public health effort. The certificate competencies are:
- Articulate key role of epidemiology for informing health issues and in preserving and improving public health.
- Appropriately select and use information technology to identify, locate and access health-related data; accurately evaluate the integrity of the data and identify gaps in data.
- Analyze data arising from epidemiologic studies using appropriate software.
- Interpret the output of regression models from standard statistical programs and present the results in research papers and project reports.
- Evaluate outcome-based research on public health interventions for its potential use in public health practice.
- Develop skills in communicating community assessment and intervention findings to lay audiences.
Certificate web site: