Officially approved as:
Stand Alone: Yes
Total Credit Hours: 12
Certificate description: In an era of terrorism and global food systems, effective control of foodborne hazards requires advanced education. There is an urgent need for food industry personnel who, while working fulltime, would like to pursue more in-depth specialized training in food safety and security that is pertinent to their job. This certificate will help serve the needs of industry and agencies that must protect the human food supply from accidental or deliberate contamination with pathogenic microbes and/or toxicants.
Certificate web site:
- Fall semester: June 30
- Spring semester: November 30
- Summer semester: April 30
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
Please upload the following application materials into the Graduate School online application:
- Unofficial transcripts: all applicants selected for admission will be required to submit official transcripts.
- Personal statement: elaborating the reason for applicant’s interest in Food Safety and Defense
- 2 letters of recommendation filled out through the Graduate School application: all 2 letters of recommendation are preferably from academic sources (professor of a course, faculty advisor, faculty graduate committee member).
- GRE scores (optional)
- TOEFL or IELTS score (International applicants only)