Learning, Teaching, & Curriculum, Master of Education/Master of Arts/Education Specialist
February 12th, 2018
The program offers Master’s and Education Specialist degrees in Learning, Teaching, and Curriculum with emphasis areas in Art Education, Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, English Education, Literacy Education, Mathematics Education, Science Education, Social Studies Education, and TESOL.
Only completed applications will be reviewed by the Graduate Admissions Committee. It is suggested applicants submit their applications in plenty of time for the desired semester of entrance. Applications for admissions decisions take at least 6 weeks to process.
- Completion of an appropriate preliminary degree with a GPA of 3.0 or better (master’s applicants: completion of bachelor’s degree; Specialist applicants: completion of master’s degree
- Evidence of at least 2 years of successful experience in an appropriate field
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Minimum GRE Scores*
|Test Type|| Verbal+Quantitative|
|GRE||291 (V:150, Q:141)|
*NOTE: Not all program areas require the GRE exam.
The following program areas require the GRE General Test for admission consideration: M.Ed. with an emphasis in Science Education, and TESOL.
Please contact the department if you have any additional questions about the GRE requirement.
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Personal data sheet form (built into the Graduate School online application)
- Statement of purpose
- GRE scores, if required by program area. An official result needs to be sent to the Graduate School.
- All emphasis areas desire at least 2 letters of recommendation, regardless of GPA. If your GPA is below a 3.0 or you are an international student (have an international transcript), three letters of reference are required. ALL LETTERS MUST BE CONFIDENTIAL AND SUBMITTED ACCORDINGLY. Please contact the department if you have any questions or concerns about this requirement.
- A digital portfolio of three to five pieces of artwork you consider your best (required for Art Education applicants only)