Minimum requirements are a bachelor’s degree from a college or University recognized by a regional accrediting agency in the U.S. and a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the final 60 credit hours. Degrees from non-U.S. institutions must be recognized and approved by the Ministry of Education or Commission responsible for higher education in the country where the degree-granting institution is located. Please refer to the Graduate School web page for all degree requirements.
Neither a GMAT nor a GRE score is required but will be considered if submitted. Factors considered in the admissions decision include the quality and rigor of undergraduate classwork, potential for graduate work in finance, and career focus. Evidence to support these factors include items such as the personal statement portion of the application, any internships or post-graduation work experience, community involvement and service, and an interview (if requested by the admissions committee).
Deadlines for application to the MS Finance
Students may start the program at the beginning of the fall or spring semester. No summer or mid-semester entry is allowed at this time.
|Entrance Term||Priority Deadline||Final Deadline|
|Fall||January 1 (to be eligible to apply for scholarships)||July 1|
Please note that immigration documents will not be issued because the program is completed fully online. International students will be limited to online courses unless they have a current visa that allows them to study in the United States.
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application.
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only).
- Trulaske Graduate Application (built into the Graduate School online application).
- Letters of recommendation (optional).
- GMAT or GRE scores (optional).
- TOEFL or IELTS (for international students).
Please click here for more details about admissions requirements and steps to apply.