MS Course Description: The Master of Science (MS) is a 33-hour, non-thesis, distance education program that is registered with the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. The MS degree includes the 18 credit hour requirements of Graduate Certificate in Personal Financial Planning. So, when the students are admitted to the MS degree, they are also admitted to Graduate Certificate degree. Upon successful completion of the Graduate Certificate portion, students will have completed the education needed to sit for the national CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) exam. This is one of four requirements leading to the right to use the CFP® marks as a financial service professional. The other requirements are passing the national CFP® exam, gaining industry-relevant experience, and agreeing and adhering to the CFP Board’s Standards of Professional Conduct.
|Entrance Term||Application Deadline|
Minimum Admission Requirements
- Applicants are required to meet the University of Missouri’s minimum admission requirements. See Eligibility & Process | University of Missouri Graduate School.
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Statement of personal and professional objectives
- Current resume or vita