Rural Sociology, Master of Science
February 12th, 2018
NOTE: This program is not accepting new applications at this time.
For priority consideration for assistantships, fellowships and scholarships, applications should be submitted by Jan. 15 for Fall enrollment and Sept. 1 for Spring enrollment.
- Minimum GRE score: none set
- Minimum GPA: 3.0 for domestic applicants
- An undergraduate and/or graduate degree in a social science or equivalent is desirable
- Basic understanding of statistics
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Students entering with a bachelor’s degree normally are admitted into the master’s program even if they are going on to a PhD, exceptional students may be admitted to the Masters/PhD program. Up to 12 hours of makeup work may be required for students who have less than adequate undergraduate preparation in the social sciences.
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Departmental application
- GRE score report
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Statement of interest