Officially approved as:
Stand Alone: Yes
Total Credit Hours: 12
Certificate Description: The Online Educator Graduate Certificate Program will equip individuals with the knowledge and skills needed to design and provide effective online learning experiences including:
- Designing online learning activities and assessments for meaningful learning
- Designing, facilitating, and evaluating online discussions
- Promoting student engagement and motivation in online learning environments.
- Understanding unique characteristics of online learning environments
- Selecting appropriate technology tools and learning objects to support online learners
- Using Learning Management Systems to support and deliver online learning
- Seeking for and evaluating Internet-based information and resources that can be used to enhance online learning
- Organizing course materials in an online format
Certificate web site:
This program accepts rolling admissions, so you can apply at any time. We recommend you submit your application six weeks before the beginning of the term in which you wish to start your course work.
|Entrance Term||Application Deadline|
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Statement of purpose
- Resume or CV
- SISLT Supplemental Information (built into the Graduate School online application)