June 27th, 2019
Officially approved as:
Stand Alone: Yes
Total Credit Hours: 15
Certificate description: The Graduate Certificate in Positive Psychology will contribute directly to students’ understanding of personal, professional, and institutional well-being and development. The sequence of courses provides them with the requisite awareness, knowledge, and skills to work effectively with individuals, communities, and organizations towards positive growth and development. The objectives of the certificate program are as follows:
- Learn and understand the cornerstones, concepts, research, application and the modern era of positive psychology.
- Increase awareness of individual and collective contributors to well-being and human strengths leading to personal, social, academic, professional, and career development.
- Learn methods to facilitate increases in health and well-being within five measures of flourishing: positive emotionality, engagement in one’s strengths and experiences, relationship growth and development, meaning and purpose, and achievement.
- Understand how to effectively apply positive psychology interventions that promote thriving individuals, communities and organizations.
- Actively engage in directed personal reflections, efforts to expand awareness, and developing strategies to increase well-being measures.
Certificate web site:
- Summer semester: Rolling
- Fall semester: Rolling
- Spring semester: Rolling
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- 2 letters of recommendation: should attest to your professional competence, academic preparation and potential for graduate work.
- Personal statement
- Departmental application (built into the Graduate School online application)