April 6th, 2020
Officially approved as:
Stand Alone: Yes
Total Credit Hours: 18.5
Certificate Description: Students who pursue the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner area of study will be prepared as expert clinicians to deliver evidence based advanced primary mental health care to individuals of all ages (e.g., children, adolescents, adults) and their families in a variety of healthcare settings, including in rural and underserved populations. The student will engage in independent and interdependent decision-making, managing psychotropic medications, and delivering psychotherapeutic, and psychoeducation interventions.
Certificate Web site:
A holistic review process is utilized for admission, however, students interested in the Graduate Certificate program should meet the following admission criteria:
- Advanced practice nursing certification and/or credentialing.
- Master degree nursing from a program accredited by a national organization responsible for nursing accreditation (i.e. Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (CNEA) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application (After acceptance to the Graduate Certificate program)
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)