*This program is eligible for the STEM OPT Extension.
The program offer a Master of Arts in Statistics, with emphasis areas in Biostatistics and Data Analytics.
Current MU undergraduate students are eligible to apply to this program. To be considered for admission to the accelerated MA program in Statistics, a student must:
- Have completed at least 90 credit hours toward a bachelor’s degree with an overall GPA of at least 3.0
- Have at least one (preferably two) semester of undergraduate enrollment remaining before completion of a bachelor’s degree.
- Have completed the following courses each with grades of “B” or higher (a “B minus” is not sufficient):
- The calculus sequence (Math 1500, 1700, and 2300 or equivalent).
- A course in matrix theory (Math 4140 or equivalent).
- A calculus-based course covering statistical inference (Stat 4710 or 4760 or equivalent).
- A course in statistical modeling (Stat 3500 or 4510 or equivalent).
- Have a GPA of at least 3.5 in all math and statistics courses completed and have earned at least a “B” (not “B minus”) in each statistics course completed. (NOTE: It is expected that the vast majority of an applicant’s math and statistics course work will have been completed in residence at MU. Students who have transferred a substantial amount of math and statistics credit from other universities may still apply to the program. These students will be evaluated individually based on both the grades earned in the transferred course and the stature of the university from which the courses were transferred.)
- Have produced an academic record that suggests the student will likely complete an MA degree in statistics.
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application.
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member in Statistics
- Statement of purpose