Officially approved as:
Stand Alone: Yes
Total Credit Hours: 21.5
Certificate Description: Student who pursue the AGCNS will be prepared as expert clinicians to provide direct patient care from wellness through acute care with a focus on complex and vulnerable adult and older adult populations. The AGCNS student will also be prepared to influence care outcomes by acting as a resource and providing expert consultation for nursing staff and other health professionals by implementing evidence-based practice initiatives to support improvements in health care delivery systems.
Certificate Web site:
A holistic review process is utilized for admission, however, students interested in the Graduate Certificate program should meet the following admission criteria:
- Advanced practice nursing certification and/or credentialing.
- Master degree nursing from a program accredited by a national organization responsible for nursing accreditation (i.e. Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (CNEA) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application (After acceptance to the Graduate Certificate program)
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)