The Master of Health Science in Clinical and Diagnostic Science (MHS CDS) includes three emphasis areas from which students may choose: MHS CDS-Clinical Laboratory Science, MHS CDS-Imaging Sciences and MHS CDS-Respiratory Therapy.
Prospective students for the MHS CDS program will most commonly be credentialed in Clinical Laboratory Science, Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound, Nuclear Medicine Technology, Radiologic Technology or Respiratory Therapy. Our program aligns well with health care providers who have a goal to build advanced, profession-specific competencies while also fostering beliefs and choices essential to the development of safe and effective interprofessional health care teams.
The MHS CDS program is a 30-credit, online program designed to be completed part-time by practicing health care professionals who are employed full time.
The curriculum is organized into three parts with integrated opportunities to achieve stackable credentials. Interprofessional core courses (9 credits) offer practical preparation for effective team functioning. Leadership electives (minimum 12 credits) offer preparation for one of three career paths: Health care facilities (hospitals, clinics); Higher education programs preparing entry-to-practice health care professionals (colleges, universities); or Health care industry (medical equipment or pharmaceutical sales and customer support). Emphasis area electives (minimum 6 credits) prepare students for one or more advanced professional credentials. The program culminates in a personalized capstone project with a potential employer that is tailored to the student’s goals (3 credits).
The program is facilitated by nationally recognized faculty and content experts. Students benefit from high quality, well-resourced distance learning support. Admission may be granted at any time to qualified candidates.
- Deadline: Rolling
- Undergraduate GPA minimum: 3.0 (A=4.0) for the last 60 hours of college work
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Required Application Materials
For the Graduate School
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
For the Clinical and Diagnostic Sciences Program
- Statement of purpose
- Departmental application (built into the Graduate School online application)
- Letters of recommendation (optional)