*This program is eligible for the STEM OPT Extension.
The Human Dimensions of Natural Resources Emphasis Area (HDNR) addresses research and management questions including peoples’ attitudes, knowledge, values, perceptions, and behaviors associated with natural resources. As an interdisciplinary emphasis area, HDNR considers applicants with backgrounds in social sciences, environmental education, natural resources management and conservation, or related disciplines.
The Ph.D. degree in HDNR is designed to prepare students for careers in academic research and teaching, or advanced scientific professions. The Ph.D. degree is conferred upon students who have demonstrated a high level of achievement in their particular specialization and have completed independent research contributing to knowledge in their respective field.
Fall deadline: Rolling
Spring deadline: Rolling
- Minimum GPA: 3.0 in last 60 hours
- GRE required
- TOEFL required (for non-native English speaking applicants only)
Minimum Language Requirements
Click here to view the minimum English language proficiency test scores
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
All application materials must be submitted to the Graduate School online application system.
- Statement of interest
- Résumé or CV
- GRE scores
- TOEFL scores (if applicable)
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation and the accompanying evaluation sheets from people who can attest to the candidate’s scholastic ability and experience relevant to graduate study
- Publications (optional)