Officially approved as:
Stand Alone: Yes
Total Credit Hours: 12
User Experience and Usability (UXU) graduate certificate is a 12 credit hour program. The UXU certificate program prepares students as significant professional contributors within design and development technology environments. This certificate would leverage currently available courses, resources and experienced faculty by channeling those assets into a meaningful program that a broad range of students and employers would find both desirable and valuable.
Certificate graduates would have competitive advantage to market themselves as prepared practicing professionals in the User Experience and Usability arena. Using Bloom’s taxonomy structure, the following is the clear statement of certificate educational objectives:
- Analyze and develop strategies to support efficient user performance with effective tools and systems (Analysis/Create);
- Create cultural sensitivity and inclusive conditions for data collection (Analysis/Create);
- Design data instruments and implement data collection with tools (e.g. computer screen recording software, eye trackers, etc.) (Create/Apply);
- Recommend and implement UX tools and methodologies to support objectives (Evaluate/Apply);
- Organize and manage UX related projects (Create/Apply).
Certificate web site:
This program accepts rolling admissions, so you can apply at any time. We recommend you submit your application six weeks before the beginning of the term in which you wish to start your course work.
- Summer semester: May 1
- Fall semester: August 1
- Spring semester: December 1
Required Application Materials
- Completed Graduate School online application
- Unofficial Transcripts- As part of the application submission process, all applicants are required to upload unofficial copies of all post-secondary transcripts to the online application. Official transcripts are only required if accepted by the academic program.
- Official Results of English Proficiency Exams (International applicants only)
- Statement of purpose
- Resume or CV
- SISLT Supplemental Information (built into the Graduate School online application)