To The Top

The header image is the default header image for the site.

Graduate Certificate Plan of Study form must be submitted to the Graduate School at least one term before the conferral of the certificate. Graduate School staff will update the plan of study form with grades from the student’s last term if necessary. The original form becomes part of the student’s official academic record.

Note: If a student completes more than one graduate credential at MU, they may use a course for no more than three formal credentials (e.g., a master’s, doctoral, specialist, and/or dual degree; certificate, minor).

Transfer credits

For stand-alone graduate certificate programs, a maximum of three graduate credit hours may be transferred from another university to satisfy the requirements of the certificate program. The credit hours must correspond directly to the MU graduate certificate program course requirements. An original transcript from the other university, verifying graduate credit received for the requested hours of transfer credit, must be submitted to the Graduate School when the plan of study form is submitted.