Sexual Violence Prevention Training
All graduate students who are new to Mizzou are required to complete an online, video-based educational program called U Got This 2! This includes any student new to a graduate program at Mizzou. This training provides critical information about harassment and discrimination and much more. New students who do not complete the training will have an enrollment hold placed on their accounts for future terms. Click here to get started.
Questions? Contact the Office of Institutional Equity at (573) 882-3880.
Discrimination Prevention and Title IX (required by UM System)
All employees, including graduate assistants and postdoctoral scholars, within the University of Missouri System are required to successfully complete an online compliance training module, Building a Foundation: Discrimination Prevention and Title IX. The training is aimed at sustaining a “positive learning and workplace environment that supports and promotes inclusion, respect, and diversity” on all four campuses.
Upon completion of this training module, you will be able to:
- Identify who is protected against discrimination and understand intent.
- Recognize harassment in the workplace.
- Recall who is protected against retaliation and tips to avoid retaliation.
- Know special rules for sex-based discrimination.
- Understand the university’s reporting of sex/gender-based discrimination.
- Understand the university’s reporting of non-sex/gender-based discrimination.
- Locate and follow the process for resolving complaints.
- Know what to do and understand your rights if accused.
This training is currently being revised. As soon as it is available, we will post a link to access the training.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
Teaching assistants, instructors and ALL other Mizzou employees who have access to student records are required to complete training on the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. FERPA is the law concerning how information is released and to whom. Prior to receiving security access to student information on myZou, individuals must pass a FERPA test, verifying a working knowledge of the law. The online FERPA quiz is located in Canvas where you have the ability to self enroll in the tutorial. There are quiz instructions available here.
Learn more about student’s rights under FERPA on the Registrar’s site